Food and Wine
Do you explore the world with your stomach in mind, constantly in search of your next meal? Does visiting a local market in a sunny square followed by an afternoon of private cooking lessons excite you more than a tour through the hallowed halls of one of the world’s great museums? If you travel with the desire to savor local cuisine and wine at the forefront of your thoughts, then your trip arrangements are in good hands with Frontiers’ Elegant Journeys!
Many of the experienced agents on our well-traveled staff are self-professed “foodies” who relish the opportunity to experience a culture through its culinary hallmarks, be it champagne tasting in Reims, France, a cellar tour in the Barossa Valley of Australia, a trip through Bangkok’s legendary floating market, seasoning a new tagine in Morocco or mastering the art of rolling fresh pasta in Italy.
Here is an a la carte menu of just some of the culinary enhancements we can add to your trip:
- Amuse-bouches: A gourmet tour of Paris, with behind-the-scenes peeks and treats at hallowed patisseries, fromageries, foie gras purveyors and chocolatiers.
- Hors d'œuvres: Sample vintages in Spain’s Rioja region followed by an evening tapas tour in San Sebastian.
- Entrée: Unravel the mystery of a South Indian prawn curry or master the art of the Vietnamese spring roll with a private cooking class.
- Relevés: A favorite day in Italy. Visit an organic bakery, a pecorino cheese maker, a beekeeper and taste test a half dozen olive oils.
- Main Course: Obtain culinary certification while at sea on a luxury cruise. Choose from any number of itineraries, from Silversea’s Viking Cooking School departures to a sailing aboard Oceania’s ship, Marina, which offers Canyon Ranch cuisine, Jacques Pepin’s signature restaurant as well as a wide range of cooking courses including select sailings hosted by the master himself.
- Sorbet: Discover new-world wines with private winery tours in Mendoza, Argentina or explore the Sauvignon Blanc vineyards of New Zealand by bicycle.
- Guilty Pleasure: A week-long stay at Le Quartier Français in South Africa where you can hone your culinary skills, sample the best blends of the Cape Winelands, and indulge in the sublime creations of master chef Margot Janse.
Whether you’re looking for culinary elements in a multi-interest itinerary or a stand-alone food and wine oriented trip, we are well versed!
Photos Courtesy of: Castello del Nero, Slovenia Tourism Board, Visitalentejo and Wilderness Safaris